The TSBTO exchange program commenced in New York City on April 28th with twelve Tibetan participants arriving from Chengdu.
Activities included sightseeing, business training classes, educational presentations and field based experiential learning where participants experienced ecotourism related small business case studies by participating in activities and visiting local tourism operations. The group also spent five nights in home stays with local American family hosts.
The group bonded very quickly and turned out to be a very cohesive group. They approached all activities with enthusiasm and curiosity and it was very rewarding being their mentor and teacher throughout the program. Once again, hosting the program in the spring enabled a wide range of regions of Yellowstone National Park to be used for the program.
The following training sessions and classes were facilitated during the time in Montana:
1. Workplace First Aid Training (2 days)
2. Interpretive Guide workshop (4 days)
3. Small Business Training workshop (13 days)
- 7 main site visits and/or business case study presentations
- 14 half day classroom based presentations/sessions