Many staff of the companies listed on this site have attended training courses or workshops on some aspects of responsible tourism. Below you will find a number of the most useful resources used in workshops and you are encouraged to download them for your own use.
1. Ecotourism/Responsible Tourism Training Materials
Responsible guiding flyer
Responsible travel flyer
A useful note to be read by visitors to Tibet befort they arrive. A Chinese language version of this responsible travel flyer is also available. Responsible Travel Flyer (Chinese).
Giving can be selfish
Grassroots introduction to ecotoursim (English / Tibetan)
Why ecotourism (in a community tourism context)
A presentation by Sam Voolstra given at SSG introduction Eco Tourism, July 19, 2012 which looks at ecotourism’s benefits compared to Tibet’s rapidly growing mass tourism market.
Gannan Prefecture Tourism Presentation
2. Small Business Training Materials
Customer service for guides (English)
3. Environmental Awareness Training Materials
Leave no trace (Tibetan)
4. Intercultural Awareness
Marketing workshop materialsThe following documents have been selected out of many from a tourism marketing workshop, including background information on ecotourism.
- Session 1 - Who am I? - 4 MB | PDF
- Session 2 - how do I make my company more visible online? - 6 MB | PDF
- Session 3 - How do I make a site map for my website? - 836 kB | PDF
- Session 4 - How to brand my company? - 8 MB | PDF
- Meaning of being a social entrepreneur - 32 kB | PDF
- Ecotourism introduction - 62 MB | PDF
favorite experience: Just driving through Tibet
Actually, my real favorite thing to do in Tibet is just to drive through it, stopping at unplanned spots, watching the nomads as they set off on their yearly migrations, running through the vast sand-dunes, hanging prayer flags at the many passes, having salt-butter tea at local tea-houses, breaking down in the middle of nowhere and just walking.more
Thanks Chris Jones!